Policy key definitions:
- "I", "our", "us", or "we" refer to the business, The Psychology Tree Ltd.
- "you", "the user" refer to the person(s) using our services
- GDPR means General Data Protection Act.
- PECR means Privacy & Electronic Communications Regulation.
- ICO means Information Commissioner's Office.
Processing of your personal information
Under the GDPR (General Data Protection Regulation) we control and process the personal information that you have provided to us electronically using the following lawful bases.
- We are registered with the ICO under the Data Protection Register, our registration number is: ZA236308.
- Lawful basis: Consent, Contract, Legitimate Interest
- The reason we use this basis: We gather your personal information (i.e. name, email address, contact telephone, professional organisation, date of birth) in person during our training events and via our online booking system. We seek your consent to use this information to register your FRIENDS training contract and for us to send you updates by email which can support your use of FRIENDS (legitimate interest).
- We process your information in the following ways: We store your personal information digitally and use this information to register your access to training programmes. Your data is sent to and stored on data servers outside of the EEA, in line with GDPR.
Data retention period: We retain your information for the duration of your FRIENDS contract (renewed every 3 years) or until the point at which you terminate your contract or withdraw your consent. At this point, we remove all of your personal information from our system.
If, as determined by us, the lawful basis upon which we process your personal information changes, we will notify you about the change and any new lawful basis to be used if required. We shall stop processing your personal information if the lawful basis used is no longer relevant.
Your individual rights
Under the GDPR your rights are as follows. You can read more about your rights in details here;
- the right to be informed;
- the right of access;
- the right to rectification;
- the right to erasure;
- the right to restrict processing;
- the right to data portability;
- the right to object; and
- the right not to be subject to automated decision-making including profiling.
You also have the right to complain to the ICO [www.ico.org.uk] if you feel there is a problem with the way we are handling your data.
We handle subject access requests in accordance with the GDPR.
Data security and protection
We ensure the security of any personal information we hold by using secure data storage technologies (Google , Mailchimp, Squarespace, Kashflow, Paypal, Stripe ) and precise procedures in how we store, access and manage that information. Our methods meet the GDPR compliance requirement.
Transparent Privacy Explanations
We have provided some further explanations about user privacy and the way we use this website to help promote a transparent and honest user privacy methodology.
Email marketing messages & subscription
Under the GDPR we use the consent lawful basis for anyone subscribing to our newsletter or marketing mailing list. We only collect certain data about you, as detailed in the "Processing of your personal date" above. Any email marketing messages we send are done so through an EMS, email marketing service provider. An EMS is a third party service provider of software / applications that allows marketers to send out email marketing campaigns to a list of users.
Email marketing messages that we send may contain tracking beacons / tracked clickable links or similar server technologies in order to track subscriber activity within email marketing messages. Where used, such marketing messages may record a range of data such as; times, dates, I.P addresses, opens, clicks, forwards, geographic and demographic data. Such data, within its limitations will show the activity each subscriber made for that email campaign.
Any email marketing messages we send are in accordance with the GDPR and the PECR. We provide you with an easy method to withdraw your consent (unsubscribe) or manage your preferences / the information we hold about you at any time. See any marketing messages for instructions on how to unsubscribe or manage your preferences.
Our EMS provider is Mailchimp. With your consent, we hold the following information about you within our EMS system;
- Email address
- I.P address
- Subscription time & date